Welcome to the Montgomery Area Musicians Association!
The River Region has produced many world class musicians and has a rich history with musical roots in a variety of genres including R&B, country, rock, hip-hop, folk, alternative, jazz and blues. The River Region’s musicians are proud to be continuing that tradition.
MAMA’s number one priority is to support and promote those talented local musicians to event planners, performance and music venues and to the citizens of the River Region. We are happy to be a liaison between the musicians and any businesses or individuals who may be looking for entertainment at their events. In addition, we provide a variety of benefits to our members. You can see a list of those benefits at the bottom of this page.
In addition, we feel that music education is important. Studies have proven that learning music can increase thinking skills, enrich strategies for learning and creativity, and enhance connections across subjects. Music can be an invaluable tool to help improve academic achievement and social development. We enjoy providing free music education workshops for the area’s children and strive to bring together the musicians of today and tomorrow.
Our members range from long time professional musicians to young musicians working their way up the ladder of success. Musicians, music lovers and businesses who support music, as well as people who want to be involved in the community, are all part of our association.
We feel that good things can be accomplished through music! There are many ways to participate with MAMA such as volunteering to help at events, helping with our music education workshops and promoting our talented musicians and local venues. MAMA makes a positive difference in our community and we encourage you to join us in this endeavor!
Montgomery Area Musicians Association President
Dear music lovers,
When discussing MAMA membership people ask “What’s in it for me?”
While we persevere in our support for all local musicians, membership now includes several benefits, in addition to the positive feelings received from supporting the activities of this organization in our community. Musicians encouraging and learning from other musicians, showing support for the local businesses, helping stimulate the River Region economy, providing assistance to musicians in time of need, offering music education workshops to work with and inspire our children and young adults, and donating to other local non-profits such as The Boys and Girls Club, disabled vets, HUGS (Homeless United Group Services) and the Montgomery Area Food Bank are what we are all about. When you support the Montgomery Area Musicians Association, you support US as a community.
We want to continue to build upon the accomplishments which have already been made by this association in our community:
- Maintain positive working relationships with all of the tri-county city officials and encourage them to use/promote local musicians for their events
- Support local businesses by providing free advertisement for the shows and events at their establishments and/or advertising their business services
- Provide free advertising and promotion to local member musicians through both our Facebook page and website
- Continue to offer musicians the opportunity to link their band pages to ours
- Continue to grow our Facebook page(s) in order to inform musicians and the general public about the local music scene
- Donate to other local charities
- Donate to musicians/families in time of need
- Provide contracts for musicians to use as needed (on website)
- Be a positive liaison between local musicians and those who want to book artists
- Hold events which promote our musicians/organization to the community
- Provide music and songwriting education workshops
- Continue to offer special opportunities for our musicians such as our free video/photo shoot for their portfolios
- Continue to establish positive relationships with other local groups and businesses
- Advertise and promote various job opportunities and gigs for musicians
- Inform musicians of PR opportunities which may be available to them
- Distribute brochures with information about MAMA to people and businesses in our community
- Offer the opportunity for musicians to sell their merchandise at MAMA events
- Encourage and promote musicians who write & perform original music
- Continue building a community of passionate people to encourage, advocate and educate through music
- Include our members on a Musicians for Hire list sent to individuals, local groups, business and government officials
We hope you will join us, or renew your membership, as we continue to work together for the betterment of our local music scene and our community through music! Everyone is also encouraged to like our Facebook page to keep up with area and MAMA events. Please invite friends to like it too! If there are questions or suggestions about MAMA, please feel free to call 590-5987.
You can become a member online or via mail using the Join Us section, or contact any officer. Memberships are on a yearly basis, with our membership drive in February. We look forward to all of the exciting things ahead and hope you join us!