Hello and thank you for joining the Montgomery Area Musicians Association! What started off as a small gathering of music lovers has become an active organization of individuals, families, venues, business and musicians all working for a common cause. MAMA is a non-profit organization established to serve, educate, and promote local area musicians and the community. Our goal is to promote and raise awareness of local professional musicians and bands to local music venues, event planners, and the citizens of the Montgomery area. Our vision and mission statements also include making contributions to local charities and supporting music education for all ages, through music education workshops, in partnership with our local musicians.
As a new member we want to encourage you to get involved not only by attending shows and events, but also attending our open board meetings. The meetings are held on the first Monday of every month unless otherwise announced. They begin at 6:30 PM and are held at the Irish Bred Pub downtown. Everyone is welcome to eat/drink during the meeting. We are usually finished by 7:30-8:00. We encourage you to participate and share your ideas with us!
Access our website at www.montgomerymusicians.org where you can see videos and pictures and become familiar with the people and activities that make MAMA special. If you are a part of the Facebook online community, visit our Montgomery Area Musicians Association Facebook Page, where you can participate in conversations about upcoming events, share your gigs/events, find musicians looking for other musicians, share music equipment for sale, post videos, see how you can be involved, etc. Our members are also encouraged to share all the info in the MAMA Group. It’s a place everyone can see what our members are doing. We welcome your input and hope that you will take advantage of these valuable resources!
MAMA membership benefits include:
- Opportunity to promote and have MAMA and its supporters provide free promotion for your band or business/venue on both of our Facebook pages which has thousands of followers as well as on the individual supporter’s pages as they share
- The ability to find musicians needed for gigs/gigs who need musicians
- Opportunity to meet new musicians, network & make new friends with similar interests
- Opportunity to be positive mentors to local children through our music education program
- Opportunity to sell your merchandise at any MAMA event
- Business members will receive a free video ad on our public Facebook page and/or on our website
- Opportunity to be a positive influence in our community through music
- Business members will receive a free MAMA banner to post if they so desire
- Members will receive access to MAMA events at a discounted rate
- Volunteers for our MAMA events will get in free
- Musicians will have articles in the Go Play! Section of the Montgomery Advertiser
- Receive free professionally designed flyers for your events (request from Lynn Heupel)
- Members will receive priority for bookings or when we’re contacted for musician recommendations
- Members will be included on our email list
- Members can have their videos put on our website @ montgomerymusicians.org by sending them to email@example.com
- Be around other musicians encouraging and learning from each other
- Show support for local businesses and help stimulate the River Region economy
- Provide assistance to active members, musicians and/or their families in times of need
- Receive priority booking for opportunities such as our video shoot
- Members can promote their own personal businesses on our sites (we believe in musicians supporting musicians!)
- Members will receive first notification of available gigs and of our activities
- Member musicians will be included on a Musicians for Hire list sent to individuals, local groups, businesses and government officials
We know that life gets busy, but hope you will make time to join us at our meetings and events. We encourage you to bring a friend, whether they are a musician, or a music supporter. We will be happy to introduce you to other members who share your interests. Your support and involvement are key to maintaining the success of our organization. If you would like a receipt for your tax-deductible membership donation, please let me know and we’ll be happy to send you one.
All of us at MAMA want to express our appreciation for your support in our endeavor! Together we can make positive differences in our community through music! By supporting MAMA, you are supporting US as a community! Glad you’re on board the MAMA train!
Alesia Gilliland, President
Montgomery Area Musicians Association
Now that you’ve signed up, we’d like some more information about you. Please visit your account page to update your personal information and preferences. If this is your first time logging in, log in with the email address you provided us. You will need to set your password by clicking on “Forgot Password”. If you are a renewing member and any of your previous information has changed, please let us know as well. If you are the master member for a band, family or business, please add your other members from your account page.